Thursday, November 6, 2014

What is Conscious Embodiment and Why Should You Care?

The dictionary defines embodiment as: The act of embodying or the state of being embodied. A new personification of a familiar idea. A concrete representation of an otherwise nebulous concept. Giving concrete form to an abstract concept. I define it as the act of being aware of consciousness inhabiting your body and your mind, and also being beyond your body and your mind. Moreover, it is the act of being conscious of the moment-to-moment responses and psycho-physiological processes informing your thoughts, feelings and behaviors so you can make more informed choices as to how to think, feel and act. I am convinced that learning to live as conscious embodied beings, we can experience greater health and well being as well as be more empowered to consciously create the life we desire. 

In this blog, I will explore theories and scientific evidence related to consciousness and embodiment, leading edge somatic therapies, embodied spirituality, as well as timeless wisdom from the ancient sciences of Yoga, Tantra and the Vedas. I will also attempt to convey skills you can use to enhance your own personal conscious embodiment process. Personal experience dictates my desire to learn and to teach more on this subject, for I have healed from multiple trauma-based mental and physical health disorders and live vibrant, fulfilled and joyous life as a result of the skillful application of mindful awareness, self-inquiry and embodiment. I hope you will follow my blog and I will do my best to post frequently and intelligently to keep it interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment